Evaluation of Some Historical and Cultural Areas that Have an Important Place in Şanlıurfa Urban Texture in Terms of Xeriscape


GÜR N., Kahraman Ö.

Iğdır Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü Dergisi, vol.14, no.1, pp.447-457, 2024 (Peer-Reviewed Journal) identifier

Abstract

In recent years, drought and ineffective use of water due to global warming and intense urbanization have become one of the important problems. The high water consumption of the plants preferred in landscape designs and the intensive use of grass areas increase these problems. In this regard, the effective use of water in landscape design and planning is very important. In xeric landscaping applications, water can be saved by selecting low-water consumption, drought-resistant plant species and effective use of water. Xeric landscaping practices also allow the use of local natural plant species. This study was carried out to evaluate the plant uses in some important historical and cultural areas of Şanlıurfa City Center in terms of xeriscape. The landscape and recreation areas of Göbeklitepe Ruins, Balıklıgöl, Şanlıurfa Archeology Museum and Haleplibahçe Mosaic Museum were determined as the study area. A total of 40 plant species were identified in the study area. Of these plant species, 24 are trees, 6 are small trees, 8 are shrubs, 1 is a groundcover, and 1 is an amplectant and climbing form. 77.5% of the plant species have broad leaves and 22.5% have conifers. The presence of plant species suitable for xeriscape in the areas varies between 28.5% and 50%. Preferring xeric plant species or local natural plant species in areas will allow effective use of water and the creation of sustainable landscape areas.
Son yıllarda küresel ısınma ve yoğun kentleşme kaynaklı kuraklık ve suyun etkin kullanılamaması önemli sorunlardan biri haline gelmiştir. Peyzaj tasarımlarında tercih edilen bitkilerin su tüketiminin yüksek olması ve yoğun çim alan kullanımları bu sorunları arttırmaktadır. Bu bakımdan peyzaj tasarım ve planlamalarında suyun etkin kullanımı oldukça önemlidir. Kurakçıl peyzaj uygulamalarında su tüketimi düşük, kuraklığa dayanıklı bitki türlerinin seçimi ve suyun etkin kullanımı sayesinde sudan tasarruf edilebilmektedir. Kurakçıl peyzaj uygulamaları yerel doğal bitki türlerinin de kullanımına olanak vermektedir. Bu çalışma, Şanlıurfa Kent Merkezi’nde önemli yere sahip bazı tarihi ve kültürel alanlarındaki bitki kullanımlarını kurakçıl peyzaj yönünden değerlendirmek amacıyla gerçekleştirilmiştir. Göbeklitepe Ören Yeri, Balıklıgöl, Şanlıurfa Arkeoloji Müzesi ve Haleplibahçe Mozaik Müzesi peyzaj ve rekreasyon alanları çalışma alanı olarak belirlenmiştir. Çalışma alanında toplam 40 bitki türü tespit edilmiştir. Bu bitki türlerinden 24’ü ağaç, 6’sı ağaççık, 8’i çalı, 1’i yer örtücü, 1’i ise sarılıcı ve tırmanıcı formdadır. Bitki türlerinin % 77.5 geniş yapraklı, % 22.5’i ibrelidir. Alanlarda kurakçıl peyzaja uygun bitki türü varlığı oranları % 28.5 ile % 50 arasında değişmektedir. Alanlarda kurakçıl bitki türleri veya yerel doğal bitki türlerinin tercih edilmesi suyun etkin kullanılmasına ve sürdürülebilir peyzaj alanlarının oluşturulmasına olanak verecektir.